WGA Member. Dual Citizen USA/Canada – Maintains NZ Residency
Specializes in writing sci-fi and action scripts that explore strange, unusual and/or topical issues. Skilled at crafting intriguing characters that attract top talent. Expert in storytelling techniques and structure across all entertainment platforms. Proficient in scheduling, budgeting, and packaging. Experienced in negotiating co-production/co-financing deals internationally. Extensive on-set experience. Taught filmmaking, from script to screen, for thirteen years.
Leader, Detail-Oriented, Dependable, Efficient, Supportive, and Excels at Research.
Software: Final Draft, Highland 2, Screenwriter, Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling, Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Acrobat Pro, Keynote, Twine, Microsoft Office.
- Current & Active Full Member WGAW
- Co-created an Entertainment Master Mind Group system which has since been duplicated for multiple groups across L.A.
- Created the first, fully immersive, hands-on filmmaking program for children between the ages of five and seventeen.
- Wrote and/or produced over a dozen short film projects; including Tolkien’s Road which has been translated into five languages and screened around the globe.
- Awarded Valedictorian and the Advanced Achievement Awards for both her BFA and MFA programs along with eight Course Director Awards (including Television Writing, Children’s Entertainment, and Lit Genre: Horror, Mystery & Suspense, Advanced Visual Storytelling, Script Analysis and Criticism, Mastery: Personal Development & Leadership), Full Sail University.
Los Angeles, CA 04/2016 – Present
Professional Screenwriter and Director: Create, develop and write slate of projects for: feature films, television, web-series, transmedia, graphic novels and short form content. Work with A-list producers to write and/or rewrite feature film and TV projects. Write and create bibles, pitch decks, and marketing tools. Create look-books, shot lists, storyboards, lighting plans, oversee casting, and work with keys through preproduction, production and post.
Producer: Research market and comps for all projects. Negotiate and package projects through agents and managers. Set up financing and co-production deals locally and/or internationally. Breakdown, schedule and budget projects. Create business plans. Prep, organize and oversee productions.
- Actively participated in conscious media by working in conjunction with NASA and climate specialists to develop and write a high-budget, hard-science feature film to aide in public climate change awareness through a big popcorn movie.
- Created a unique and powerful pitch-package by writing and producing a transmedia marketing campaign to entice an early audience prior to production.
- Helped to elevate the Impact campaign for a feature film project by adapting it into, both, a graphic novel and VR/AR game to enhance financing opportunities.
The Movie Club, Inc.
Los Angeles, CA 09/2003– 06/2016
President: Create and operate 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Organize and implement all fundraising. Coordinate yearly events and screenings at Raleigh Studios and Regal Cinemas.
- Gained high-end film equipment by organizing fundraisers to facilitate donations.
- Prepared children for real-world filmmaking by creating an intense nine-month program that provided hands-on experience for every child, in every job position, to teach autonomy and nurture creativity in future filmmakers.
- Developed additional independent productions by creating an annual 96-hour film competition and film festival to further enhance and hone independent production skills.
Los Angeles, CA and Auckland, NZ 1992 – 2006
Acting Coach: Teach weekly classes, intensive workshops, and private lessons. Coach actors on-set for feature films and television shows. Create and write all marketing and class materials.
- Became renowned American-accent acting coach in Auckland, NZ by working with talent on-set, in private sessions, and through producing a training CD to elevate casting options for American productions.
- Trained hundreds of actors by creating intensive workshops and weekly classes to elevate performance levels.
- Facilitated jobs for talent by writing and producing showcases and theater productions to allow for performances in front of casting agents, directors and talent representation.
Los Angeles, CA 1995 – 1996
Assistant Agent: Represent above and below-the-line talent, organize and run office, review cinematographer reels, read screenplays, set-up meetings, take phone pitches, organize talent schedules, attend screenings and events, and assist Walter Partos in all his duties.
- Organized Walter’s schedule by fielding calls and setting up meetings to keep him highly productive.
- Aided in career strategizing by viewing reels and attending meetings in order to secure work for clients.
- Sifted through hundreds of submissions by reading scripts and writing coverage to increase literary client roster.
Isabella & Associates
Los Angeles, CA 1991– 1994
Assistant Talent Manager: Scout talent, review contracts, submit to Breakdown Services, secure agent representation, arrange actor needs/requirements on-set, on-set support, coach actors for auditions, on-set coach for child actors.
- Added diversity to clientele by scouting talent to increase representation roster.
- Placed talent with agencies by networking and nurturing relationships to form strong industry connections.
- Increased cast-ability of child actors by creating a youth acting program to provide high-quality training to clients.
- Full Sail University, Winter Park, MFA, Creative Writing (Valedictorian, GPA 4.0)
- Full Sail University, Winter Park, BFA, Creative Writing for Entertainment, (Valedictorian, GPA 3.99)
- ScreenwritingU, Los Angeles, Master Screenwriter Certificate
- ScreenwritingU, Los Angeles, ProSeries Screenwriting Program
- LTU Extension, Los Angeles, Screenwriting Certificate
- Los Angeles City College, Los Angeles, Cinema Studies – Certified Cinematographer
- Stella Adler Conservatory West, Los Angeles, Advanced Acting Program
You can view and download the pdf version of Keren’s resume here.